We all know CSE within a school Health program is central to children and young people’s well-being – equipping them with the knowledge and skills they need to make healthy and responsible choices in their lives – but implementation can be challenging. This two-day course aims to help you get over and through these challenges, equip you with knowledge of where to start, and insight into other likely issues and experience of strategies to accelerate your school’s implementation.
Based on over 10 years experience in international schools, this highly interactive two-day training course will provide practical advice on…
- Developing a whole school approach, CSE K-12, ensuring Parents and Carers are engaged and supportive.
- Understanding our own values and attitudes around working with children, young people, and Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE).
- Exploring the link between CSE, Safeguarding and Sexual Exploitation in protecting young people.
- Realising the massive impact that modern media & technology has had on young people and their CSE knowledge base.
- Building a better awareness of what young people think about sexuality, and current sexual norms.
- Gaining more confidence in facilitating challenging and sensitive topics.
Through a relaxed, and often humorous approach, we will work together and in small groups, using practical tools to model evolving classroom practice.
Join us for an exhilarating two-days!
Who should attend?
Designed for Health and Wellbeing facilitators, teachers, school nurses and school counselors who have roles in CSE, Pastoral Care, Health Education and Child Protection.
Based on experience, it is highly recommended that at least two members of staff attend from participating schools.
Date and Time
9 November 2023 (Thursday)
8am – 3pm
10 November 2023 (Friday)
8am – 3pm
Hong Kong International School
$425USD for individual registration
$400USD for two or more per registration
Note: You do not need to register for the main PHASE Conference to attend this TWO day workshop.