Taping Course Specifications
16 November // 09:00 – 16:00
This will cover taping and strapping skills and will allow PE Teachers, Sports Teachers, and Coaches, to identify the best way to stabilize a joint using the most appropriate taping technique. “Sport with the Young Athlete” will explore the differences between adolescent injuries and adult injuries and review how early diagnosis can help in avoiding life long complications. The course will also cover managing suspected Concussion as a PE, Sports teacher or Coach.
Sport Taping Workshop (3 hours)
Discover and learn easy taping/strapping skills to stabilize a joint, and to facilitate movement through basic theoretical and practical learning. This session will look at how to stabilize joints and modern methods of rigid taping with strong considerations for the underlying biomechanics.
- Learn the latest methods of taping key joints
- Ensure that the taping techniques is “fit for purpose”
The morning session will also look at how teachers can use Active Taping to facilitate movement and how it can make a significant difference to individual, or team athletes, performance. Use of a highly elasticised tape provides variable reloading benefits and can truly change the biomechanics of the body. Active Tape allows for a reload through a full range of motion.
- Learn the concept of “ActiveTape” and how it can make a profound and positive change to the musculoskeletal system
- Basic and advanced taping techniques
- Apply bespoke methods of reload from a general base of mechanics and function.