As international schools find themselves in an era of uncertainty and change, concerns around health and wellbeing are on the rise. Without systems in place, however, initiatives risk losing momentum when there is turnover among faculty and staff. During this session, we’ll be discussing the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model- a free tool that helps schools identify resources and initiatives that are working, look for gaps and areas for growth, and align so that everyone in the community is speaking the same language and working towards the same common goals.
Content areas covered will include:
- Current health issues in international schools
- Identifying gaps and looking for alignment in health and wellness education
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child tool to audit current policy and practice
- Food/nutrition policies
- Employee wellness
- Community and family involvement & engagement
- Counseling, psychological and support services
- Social/Emotional learning environment
- Pulling health and wellbeing out of their silos for a coordinated approach
Date and Time
10 November 2023
Hong Kong International School
Participants can optionally choose to become “Level 1 Whole School Wellness Certified Educators.” This is an action based certification that will allow you to focus on developing a unit plan for your health curriculum for your school context. After submission the course leader will provide individualized feedback on your work to guide its further development.
If you submit the work and it meets the standard you will receive an additional certificate and digital badge.
Note: You do not need to register for the main PHASE Conference to attend this one day workshop.