Application Deadline: April 30
The Health and Physical Education MEd Cohort is designed for teachers who want to complete their degree part-time in a structured program. The program consists of 10 courses (HPE focused) and a capping presentation taken over a two year period. Courses are taught by leaders in the field and are delivered online.
University of Alberta is collaborating with PHASE to promote a cohort for international educators.
Potential Courses (final 10 TBD)
- Physical Literacy
- Health Literacy
- Knowing & Being: Foundations of HPE
- Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on Curriculum
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Practitioner Research in Education
- Inclusive HPE
- Taking Well-being Outside
- Health Promoting Schools
- Research in Practice
- Meaningful Physical Education
- HPE Capping Project
Do I need to be Canadian to participate in this program?
No, the program is open and appropriate for all educators and is built around the latest in international research in Health and PhysEd.
How much does the program cost
Canadians: $16,550 CAD
Non-Canadians: $20,252 CAD