Association for Physical Education
At APPEC we are working hard to build bridges to like minded organizations around the world. Our latest partner is the Association for Physical Education (afPE), the only physical education subject association in the UK.
afPE is committed to being the representative organisation of choice for people and organisations delivering or supporting the delivery of physical education in schools and in the wider community.
afPE’s Corporate Objectives:
- Demonstrate the distinctive role of physical education in children’s and young people’s development and achievements
- Establish and sustain physical education at the heart of school life and whole-school development, through support for high quality learning and teaching; research; ethical leadership and politically informed advocacy and representation
- Raise awareness of physical education’s contributions to public health and well-being
- Play a leading role in the development of a workforce with the skills and qualities required to assure high quality physical education and sport in schools and in the wider community
- Provide high quality, professional, sustainable services for members and partners